mbex is a tool to extract module information from a Moodle backup file (.mbz).
Moodle is one of the most popular Virtual Learning Environments used in colleges, universities and institutions around the world. It uses a special file type (MBZ) to create backups for your projects.
mbex (Moodle Backup Extractor) is a tiny tool that extracts content from MBZ files.
It extracts the following:
- The structure of the module (sections)
- The description of the sections
- The description of the activities and resources
Fig 1: The main form of mbex
Fig 2: The folder structure of the extracted content mirrors the structure of the Moodle page
mbex is not free for every use.
- If you are a freelancer you can use the tool freely for personal use
- If you wish to use mbex in your institution, please get in touch here: email@example.com
Comments and Feedback
Please forward any comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Features and Bugs
If you have an idea how we can improve mbex or have spotted a bug, please report it using one of the following ways:
- Add a comment below
- Send an email to email@example.com
Buy me a Coffee
Software takes time to write and test.
Why don’t you buy me a coffee as a small gesture of appreciation?